Saturday, January 19, 2008

She Caught Me

It was only a matter of time, I guess, but Allison caught me in one of my bad-driver-muttering moods. We were at Longs, which in dowtown WC means elderly-driver-central (sorry if I offended anybody by calling it that, but it's so true), and this man was making this horribly dangerous maneuver as we were pulling in. Well, I get easily annoyed by people doing unsafe things and I'm also not the most patient person in the world (I know, surprise surprise), so I snapped, "Move it, old man!" , of course only within the confines of our car. Allison immediately called me on it by saying, "Mama, that's not a nice way to talk!" I laughed out loud and realized that I really have to watch what I say.

In other news, she's continuing to do great with using the potty. She wears underwear pretty much exclusively now and is really good about letting us know when she has to go. We have to keep on it with her, though, because she did have one accident this week. (Luckily it was in the kitchen so it was easy to clean!) I can't believe how easy it's been, really. It's like a light switch went off in her brain and that was it. After months of trying to get her to use the potty and meeting strong resistence, finally she's doing it on her own!

Thomas has almost taken a step several times now. He sees something he wants so he lets go of the chair/bookshelf/toy he's leaning on and tries to go for it. He plops down on his derrier after trying but he's so close. I have mixed feelings about it...part of me wants him to be able to move around more easily and part of me is terrified of what it means for us in terms of serious baby-proofing. We're already discovering that he's into everything so it would just be a matter of being even more strict about latching the stair gate and making sure he doesn't attempt anything too daring. I know he'll fall a lot but I'd like to avoid anything too severe!

2 comments:

Bridget said...

Yeah on the potty training and walking advancements! Love those milestones.

That's funny Al caught you! My kids catch me all the time talking to a friend and saying the word "stupid" which is not allowed at home. I get busted all the time.

Melissa said...

At least A. was correcting you! My Abby just follows my lead--she developed road rage at age 2. She still yells at the cars in front of us when they are moving too slow for her liking.