Thursday, January 3, 2008

Haircuts!

What better to do when it's raining like nobody's business than go out and drive in it, of course! We made it safely (although we got a bit wet between the car and the building) to Cool Tops, which I've decided is the best haircut place for kids because of the cool cars they get to sit in when they get their cuts. Luckily, we got the speedy hairdresser so both kids were done in 20 minutes, total. That's with the finishing touches of glitter and pigtails, too! Here's a shot of how they looked when we got home:





Today Allison proved that she has some serious endurance. She woke up way too early (6am), didn't take a nap, and is still up and watching a show with Daddy as I type. (Bedtime is in 10 minutes, though. Mom has to crack the whip, you know.) Anyway, since she didn't nap she was sort of a pill when I got her up. I had to give her a time out in her room to think about putting on clothes, something I had been requesting patiently for 5 minutes. (She takes off what she's wearing while she's in there, and also tries on various things, ending up in some sort of pajamas.) She despises these sorts of time outs but they're usually effective in my getting her to do what I need her to do, which is calm down and be rational. (After I hug her, of course, since she's usually in tears.) I then went into her room and started picking out possible outfit combos for her (she has drawers full of clothes that hardly get used...maybe this is common but it's so frustrating to me!) when she decided to turn the tables on me. Here's what she said:
"Mama, I think you need to think about it a little bit," she said as she shut me in her room! I cracked up (probably shouldn't have encouraged it) and made a mental note to blog about it. Clever girl!

2 comments:

Bridget said...

That's funny she told you to think about it. What a character she is! Its 6:15pm and I just tucked my boys in. They were pooped. Maren is at a friend's house and should be dropped off soon so I can't breathe a complete sigh of relief yet...

Becky said...

I love the early bedtimes! They make up for the lack of napping! Thomas goes to bed at 5:30!

By the way, did you get my email (novel)?