Wednesday, January 9, 2008
Dance class
Today was Allison's first dance class and it went pretty well. She definitely has her own agenda, though. To be fair, she was very excited about this class, as we've been talking about it for weeks. Also, since she's way into "Princess Mode", she was dying for the chance to show off her princess dancing skills. Today was definitely was that kid who was running around the room, dancing all by herself, sans music. She repeatedly had to be told to join the group (she was off dancing and twirling around the room) or to stop running. The latter request was a flashback to last fall when we took our first (and probably last) Music Together class and all she wanted to do was run around the room. I was still sort of sick with my 2nd pregnancy so it just exhausted me, trying to corral her and get her to sit still to participate. (On that note, I think this age now would be more appropriate for something like that, at least for us.) However, when it came time to sit in a circle and pretend by making their feet dance and be silly, Allison was the only one repeating the teacher (which may or may not have been an annoying echo to the teacher) and doing everything she said. She can definitely follow directions when it's needed but sometimes you have to tell her a few times. I can only wonder how they get her to do things at her school! Glad I'm not there to see that. All in all, it looks like it's going to be a fun class for her. My dad watched Thomas for me, and hopefully if he continues to need his morning nap I'll be able to drop him off at my parents' house so Al and I can do this class together. I took a lot of pictures so here are a couple of her in action:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What cute pics. Have a girl rocks!
Post a Comment