I realized that I haven't yet been using this blog to its potential, so I'm making that my resolution...to bore you all with the thoughts going through my (sometimes sleep-deprived) head, as well as to enter some kid quotes. We have an almost-3-year old, so the quotes won't disappoint. Here's one from this morning:
"NOOOO Thomas, you can't stop my singing!" This was shouted in response Thomas' babbling, which apparently was getting too loud and, therefore, was competing with Allison's singing to her Cindarella and Belle action figures.
Another one, having to do with her "absorbing" the idea that in 10 days (when she turns 3) we'll be wrapping up her "plugs" (what we call her pacifiers) and giving them to the "poor babies of the world": "Oh, the poor babies will get my plugs!" It's funnier when you learn that this was said while we were reading her a bedtime story, completely out of the blue, she having been obviously thinking about it ever since I casually mentioned it the night before (while rifling through her blankets in search of one of them, for the 4689th time).
We sent Thomas back to baby boot camp in the sleep department last night...he did great! He totally got off track over the past couple of weeks so we needed to get him sleeping through the night again. It's the hardest thing to do and be consistent about, but it's the only thing that works. He went to bed at 5:30pm, played for a bit, then I only heard short wakings at about 10:30 and at some other unreasonable hour. He woke up to eat at 6:10am (thank goodness...engorgement hurts!) and then went back to sleep until 7:15am! Now for the "being consistent part"; hopefully he'll just continue to improve in his ability to soothe himself back to sleep, and learn in the process that I won't be coming in there to feed him anymore. He doesn't need to eat (I was feeding him to shut him up when company was here) as much as he needs to sleep! It makes the day so much easier for all of us when he gets a full night's rest. Lately he's been so grumpy and I know that the disrupted nights are to blame.
Happy 2008, everybody! (By the way, we went to bed at 10pm so it was a major party night around here.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment