Thursday, January 10, 2008

Birthday Blues

Well, so much for our family celebration tonight. I dashed out to the store to pick up a few things when Thomas woke up from his nap, and Allison was sort of fussy the whole way there. I thought it was just because she didn't nap and was grumpy, but it turned out to be the flu- she barfed as we were in the check-out line! I was able to clean it up without anyone noticing (I had the checker give me her paper towels and even she didn't know what happened) and got her home and in the tub. She was in NO mood to party, though, so she went to bed pretty early. I feel so helpless when they're sick. I hope she feels better by tomorrow when we go meet her new pediatrician- good timing for that! At least we still have her party this weekend, that is unless all the kids come down with this nasty bug!

3 comments:

Lor said...

Happy Birthday Allison! I hope she feels better soon. I'm also pretty impressed that you could clean up puke in the check-out aisle without anyone noticing...you must be a pro!
- Audrey

Becky said...

Well, it might sound disgusting beyond measure, but I caught a lot of it in my hand. Also, she was wearing a costume princess dress so a lot of it also went down the bodice. She was in the shopping cart so it didn't get on the floor or anything. It was just quick-thinking on my part only because I didn't want her to get it everywhere, plus I was trying to keep her calm. Oh, the things you do when you're a mom...

Bridget said...

Oh poor Allison. I have cleaned up vomit in public places more times than I care to count. Good for you for being so discreet and keeping your mommy cool.