I changed the settings so that anyone can leave a comment and be anonymous...you don't have to have a google email (gmail) account to do it. Thanks to those of you who are reading and commenting already (Bridget!!!). I just wanted to know that there are more of you out there who are actually reading this blog!
So, onto the advice part: what to do about Allison's lack of napping. As I mentioned in a previous post, she's been sort of phasing them out for a few months. She'd nap one day and then not nap the next, but lately it's gotten down to almost no napping at all. (She hasn't napped in a week, as of today.) I still put her in her room after reading a book or 2 at the same time, but now all she does is play. I think she wakes Thomas up, or keeps him up which is worse, so I tend to just get her out of there after about an hour. Plus, since she's not wearing a diaper or pull-up anymore we taught her to knock on her door when she needs to use the potty. She's been pretty good about doing that so I can't really complain too much, since out of the 2 things- napping or being potty trained- I'd rather her do the latter. I guess I just was wondering what you other moms did to handle this transition. Did you just give them up altogether or did you try something new? I was even thinking of putting her in our bedroom, farther away from Thomas' room so he won't hear her as easily. I think she still needs rest time alone, so I won't give that up. We also moved her bedtime to an earlier time in order to get all the sleep she needs, but it still makes the day so long for me. I basically won't get to rest anymore, which is fine I guess but I've been so used to having a break. I guess this is just the next phase and I have to get over it. Please give me any tips you have!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
A friend of mine does R&R time for her non-napping daughter. Wish I would have thought of that. So during Thomas nap you can say its her rest time. She can play or rest quietly but the idea is, it is by herself. Not with mommy. Still gives you alone time. That's my advice. Because I know how you feel, you HAVE to have some kind of break in the day with little kids.
Post a Comment