Thursday, March 13, 2008

Thomas' antics

Thomas is seriously giving us a run for our money. He's into everything. Luckily, there's something that keeps him occupied for at least 5 minutes if there's something I need to do in the kitchen. I keep a box of latex gloves under there and he loves, loves, loves them! He pulls each one out and waves it, then tosses it to the floor. In a matter of a minute he'll empty the box. I just refill it and it buys me time for emptying the dishwasher or quickly heating something up in the microwave. It's also hilarious to watch! We haven't noticed an allergy to latex developing but we'll watch out for that...

Otherwise, in order to "let him loose", so to speak, the cat food and water must be off the floor, the gate to the stairs must be secure, the entertainment cabinet must be locked, and the door to the litter box room must be shut. Everything else he can get into is pretty much safe and this allows me to help Allison use the potty or get dressed. Upstairs, the stair gate must be shut, doors to all bathrooms shut, and night lights must be unplugged. We've been through all the baby-proofing before but it's hard to remember how tough it really is! He can unravel a roll of tp in 30 seconds. He rummages through the trash, puts his hands in the toilet (once it wasn't just water in there, thanks to Allison's not-so-diligent flushing), and pours out all the bath toys and bottles of shampoo and soap for their bath. That last one isn't so bad, it's just annoying to clean it up 25 times a day. He knows where his diapers are and gets a thrill taking them all out of the cupboard and making a pile. He throws everything off his highchair tray and out of his crib (only boppy blankies, but still, he's left without anything to cuddle or chew on). Whew...it's a lot of work but I know it also passes fast since I hardly remember it with Al.

He also loves his bath. Rare is the occasion that he gets the tub to himself, so when it happens he goes ballistic. Usually Allison pushes him around and takes toys from him so it's an aerobic workout for me to bathe them together.

Here's what I'm talking about:


Who, me?

Splashing away! Sqealing, too!

I just love these onesies when their legs are still baby-like. Plus, I had to put these shoes on him before he outgrows them. Too cute!



4 comments:

Bridget said...

Those pics are so cute! I love his expression with the gloves all around him. That is so funny he likes to do that. You are at such an exhausting stage of motherhood. I remember it all too well. You just have to be on guard at ALL TIMES. It is a physical and mental challenge everyday. You're doing awesome!

Becky said...

It really is hard. I know once he gets to 3 it will be easier...

Salute said...

These are really the best years.......enjoy them.

Melissa said...

i love those chubby baby legs, too!