Lastly, this is what having a boy is like. It's warm these days so we broke out the shorts...and they revealed how bruised Thomas' legs are. Jeez, it's bad! He gets a new one each day (if not 2) and doesn't seem to miss a beat. A few tears and then he's onto the next one. It's funny! I love having a boy, though. Something really special about it. He's a character and I'm sure he'll push it later on. Pretty stubborn and determined....it's a good thing.
Thursday, April 23, 2009
Some cute moments captured
Allison loves, loves, loves picking up Rachel and holding her. It helps me out when I need to tend to Thomas and Rachel is crying. Sometimes we've found her carting Rachel around, standing up and walking with her...not so helpful. But for the most part, this is what she does with her. SO cute.
Thomas loves to see himself on camera. He'll walk over to the computer and demand to "See Thomas". He's really cute lately, too. Talking up a storm about everything he sees. Full sentences, too, all of a sudden. I sometimes wish I had a tape recorder in my brain so I could play all these conversations someday. I know I'll forget what he sounds like. We video all that we can but sometimes you just don't have the camera available. We recently watched some video from when Allison was his age and she sounded so little and sweet and we had forgotten all about it. He loves talking to everybody, too, especially Allison. It's funny to hear their little conversations. He'll answer her "Yes" or "No" as if they were much older.
Here's Rachel and her ever-fattening legs. It was only a matter of time before those skinny sticks starting bulking up. I went to put her in an outfit this morning, newborn size, and it restricted her movement so off to the bin it went. I can't believe it...it fit only days ago. She's really changing, starting to smile and be much more alert. Of course, with this alertness comes a lot of crying. We're 3 for 3 with fussy babies at this age who need bouncing to be calmed down. Pretty much if she isn't sleeping or eating, she's fussing. I've been putting my sleep tactics into play this week...basically not keeping her up for more than an hour or more at a time, and it seems to be working. She's in her crib (in our closet...again, it's hilarious but it works) and she does alright most of the time. She'll sleep for about 2.5-3 hours at a stretch at night and I'm hoping that will change and improve over the next few weeks. She fusses if I keep her up too long, though, and sometimes that's just what happens since I'm busy with Allison and Thomas. I'm doing my best, though, and that's all I can do. Someday this will all be a blur and we'll all make it through unscathed (well, everyone except ME) and I'm trying to remember that I'll miss these early days. I really do love being home with them and I think of that blessing everyday. It's sometimes all it takes to make my attitude adjust.

Lastly, this is what having a boy is like. It's warm these days so we broke out the shorts...and they revealed how bruised Thomas' legs are. Jeez, it's bad! He gets a new one each day (if not 2) and doesn't seem to miss a beat. A few tears and then he's onto the next one. It's funny! I love having a boy, though. Something really special about it. He's a character and I'm sure he'll push it later on. Pretty stubborn and determined....it's a good thing.
Lastly, this is what having a boy is like. It's warm these days so we broke out the shorts...and they revealed how bruised Thomas' legs are. Jeez, it's bad! He gets a new one each day (if not 2) and doesn't seem to miss a beat. A few tears and then he's onto the next one. It's funny! I love having a boy, though. Something really special about it. He's a character and I'm sure he'll push it later on. Pretty stubborn and determined....it's a good thing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ryan had a ton of bruises at that age, too. Some kids are just so wild! :)
Rachel is looking so sweet and teeny (considering my baby is 3) and don't you just love having a little helper. it's amazing just how helpful a 4 year old can be.
Yes, Al can and will be a great help to you. The oldest becomes very responsible whether they like it or not! I love Rachel's chubby legs. So cute.Oh, and thanks for the nice email yesterday. I am working on responding, just way behind on email right now.
Post a Comment