Thursday, April 30, 2009
"Did you rip that?"
The above is Thomas' favorite question lately. Even when he knows very well that he was the one who ripped whatever it is he's asking about. He'll come running into the room asking it, then when we say, "No, it wasn't me....was it you?", he'll confirm that he was the culprit. It's hilarious and exciting to hear him speaking in complete sentences. I don't remember if Allison was doing that at 26 months or not. He also likes to order us around. "I want juice. Get it to me!" Um, contrary to what it might seem like, I am not your servant. (Ok, yes I am.) He also is very aware of where everybody is at all times. "Where'd Allison go?" "Is Rachel sleeping?" He also seems to understand us more and more. This week we had to put him in boot camp to get rid of the endless bedtime/naptime rituals he was demanding, plus his sub-6am wake-ups. We explained that we weren't going to be getting him up early and that we didn't want him to cry. "Oh, ok," is what he said. He did cry many times but the last 2 nights and naps- nothing. He also slept until 6:30am today so we're making progress. Basically, there's a lot going on in this kid's mind and it's a never-ending source of entertainment for us. Here he is eating his Easter candy. "Jey-yee-beans" are his personal fave.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh my. He sounds like a riot! I love that. "Did you rip that?" Good. Very good.
Post a Comment