Since I've been so bad about posting, and the name of this blog is soon to be out of date, I think I have to say good-bye to blog land once again. It's not like too many people read this anyway. I think I can keep in touch via email- sending out pictures and so forth once the new baby arrives. Unless someone knows how to rename a blog...
We haven't been up to too much since my last (ancient) post. Allison turned 4, Thomas turned 2, Paul and I managed to get away for 2 nights in the mountains near Vail, we bought a mini-van, I turned 34, Paul turned 35 (we have a slew of birthdays in Jan and Feb), and now we're just waiting for the little one to arrive. I'm 36 weeks now and feeling more and more tired and uncomfortable. I'm also really nervous about what life will be like once she's out. Thomas is really attached...REALLY attached to me. It's so hard to take. For example, today I tried to take the 2 of them for some pictures at quite possibly the world's worst place to do it: Portrait Innovations. They have a bad corporate policy of having to take individual shots of the kids, even if all you want is a shot of them together. I'm probably a bad customer for them since I don't need a million shots and backgrounds to choose from. I usually order just one shot, no enhancements, nothing fancy. All I need is a pro shot of them, something I can't do at home. Well, it started off ok...they got about a dozen shots of the both of them. Then Allison posed for her individual shots...again, really cute. Then when it was Thomas' turn he just lost it. He wouldn't let go of me, crying like he was being left, and it just wasn't going to work. Well, they basically said they had to take indiv. shots of him, policy you know, and it was pretty much downhill from there. Allison started pouting, and by then Thomas was so upset he wouldn't even pose with her. I ended up leaving, basically in a huff, because they acted like they wouldn't show me what they had so far. It was a nightmare. Ok, not a nightmare...but a total bust. (Avoid this place, by all means. Bad customer service.) I was upset when we got home because it just reinforces my fear of how things will be when I'm even more tired and distracted, taking care of a new baby. I only hope that by expecting the worst, it will end up not being as bad as I thought. I feel tired and defeated right now over such a little thing like not getting their pictures done. I know it's hormones but it just makes me feel like I'm a bad mom or not doing a good enough job ensuring that they know how to behave. I wonder why Thomas is like this...did I baby him too much? Allison was so independent by this age...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Well, I for one, will miss your posts. I swear mothering gets so much easier as your kids get older and Thomas WILL get more independent. You will love, love, love having 3 kids. I felt like I really hit my stride at being a mother once Abby was born. Please make sure to let me know once the baby arrives and can you send me your address? I misplaced it.
BTW, after 6 years my minivan is still my dream car. It's pathetic how much I think it enhances my life. :)
You need to become friends with someone who has a nice camera and some photography skills and just bag the whole studio photos thing. Seriously. I wished we lived closer. Nathan could give you great photos minus the embarrassment of being in a public place with crying children.
Post a Comment