Here are some pictures of her and the gang:
Wednesday, March 25, 2009
Adjusting
So far, since all Rachel does is sleep, things have been easy around here. Add to that the fact that my mom and dad are here...things are manageable. The kids are getting the attention they need while I nurse Rachel constantly- she's a great eater. Allison has been helpful, too, getting me diapers and holding Rachel when she can. She also entertains her if I can't get there because I'm tending to Thomas. What I worry about is when they leave...what will it really be like? Paul's taking next week off so I'll have another week to adjust, rest, and get organized. I plan on cooking a bunch of dinners to freeze and have on-hand to make life easier. I know it's going to be tough but I hope Rachel will just be easy. If she naps well then I can rest when Thomas rests. We already sort of solved the problem of what to do with noisy, non-napping Allison at naptime...and I'm sort of ashamed about it...we gave her the portable DVD player so she can quietly watch a movie in her room. It keeps her busy, quiet, and contained so I can nap. Naps are essential right now since Rachel wakes me up to eat at least 4 times a night. I know this will improve but right now it makes the mornings tough.
Here are some pictures of her and the gang:

Here are some pictures of her and the gang:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
the photo of thomas holding the baby is so precious! you are smart to rest. i was bad at resting and am still paying the price! don't worry about everyone leaving. it's actually kind of nice finally getting into a real and "normal" routine.
Becky- you were my friend who had all her homework done before you even left school! If anyone can handle three little kids, you can. Just remember when they are that young you're in survival mode. Don't have too many expectations of yourself and enjoy.
Post a Comment