Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Welcome Baby Rachel Amber
Here she is! She decided to come early- March 14- and she is quite a little peanut! She weighed 6 lbs, 8 oz, and was 20 inches long. She arrived after a relatively easy birth. My water broke early- 7am or so- and contractions started at around 1pm. I received an epidural (the best one of the 3 by far) and they started me on Pitocin to get things moving. All of a sudden, as I was laying there reading, all of the nurses on the floor rushed in and started tending to me since I went from 4cm to 10cm in 45 minutes. Rachel's heartrate had plummeted because of the fast labor so they had to give me a shot to stop the contractions. Within a matter of minutes they made me change positions 4 times and that seemed to help. Then the doctor arrived and I started pushing...20 minutes later she was out. It was so weird to have it be so fast. She was so tiny compared to Thomas (who was 8 lbs, 14 oz) that I kept feeling like I was going to drop her. It's nice to be home now- the hospital stay always gets to me. All is well so far...mom is here to help out so we're very lucky. Allison and Thomas love Rachel- they dote on her whenever they can. I hope it stays that way!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
She is beautiful! Congratulations.
Yeah! Congrats to you! So glad your labor went well. She looks absolutely adorable. Your kids will just love, love, love her too!
Post a Comment