First, some Christmas morning pictures:
Thomas in the backyard, crunching the snow. It was in the 40's that day so the snow melted pretty fast.
Allison and her new dollhouse.
And her new wheels.
Opening presents.
Allison loved her bike and was riding like a pro until the next morning when she fell twice because of a thin layer of ice on the sidewalks and driveway. She hasn't ridden since and we're hoping she'll get over it by spring. No pressure, though. Thomas loves the hand-me-down trike he got (now that Al has a big kid bike) but it's been a bit chilly to go out and ride bikes lately. She also loves the dollhouse my parents got her...Thomas does, too. The best gifts he received were some large lego blocks and his rocking horse. The little song it sings gets stuck in our heads!
Now that the holidays are over we're back into the swing of things. Allison went back to school this week...I think she missed it. I've been looking into different schools for next year, even though I love the one she's at now, because I don't know how I'll manange the co-op committment with 2 other kids to take care of. There's a preschool program at our neighborhood elem school which is right around the corner. It's a lottery as to who gets in so we're hoping we get picked! It would be so convenient since it's so close, plus it will be where she goes to kingergarten the following year so she'd be prepared. If that one doesn't work out then I have her on the waitlist for 2 other schools.
Thomas and I started a Music Together class this week and he seems to like it so far. Since he's so clingy to me I don't have to worry about him wondering around the room, getting into all kinds of trouble and not paying attention to the singing, like I did when I took the class with Allison over 2 years ago. I swore off the class because of how it went with her but Thomas is really different. He likes to dance and participate, and if he's shy then he sticks by me. Allison wandered aimlessly, hanging on the barre (it was in a ballet room), and setting a bad example for the other kids. I was always exhausted after the class and felt embarrassed all the time. I hope my experience with Thomas is better!
Allison turns 4 on Sat. so we're heading to the Denver Aquarium (her choice) for a mellow family birthday celebration. It's just too close to Christmas for us to have a big party and she doesn't care at all. We're celebrating with her classmates next Tuesday when I work at her school anyway. I figure we can make her birthdays more simple since she just got a load of toys for Christmas. I like the idea of doing something together instead of buying another toy. (Thanks for the idea, Bridget!) Pictures will be posted!
2 comments:
don't feel bad about the birthday party thing. all of my children have only had 1 friends birthday party (and ryan's 10)! i think doing something special as a family is a lot more memorable. plus, i hate the idea of collecting a bunch of cheap-o toys.
i tend to do holiday theme parties--they are so much easier and it's a cinch to find appropriate activities and crafts.
looks like it's cold in colorado. . .so far the snow has stayed away from new jersey. i hope our luck holds out.
don't hold your breath on me joining facebook. i'd never leave my computer!
Ah, come on Melissa. I hear ya Becky, its a total time suck. It doesn't help that my iphone has a handy icon for clicking on Facebook wherever I am.
You're welcome for the great idea. I love the family time together. And as every adult now knows, looking back on your childhood, THAT is what you remember most.
Speaking of Facebook, did you see Brian is on there? Yikes. It gave me the shivers (in a bad way) when I saw his name on someone's friend list.
Post a Comment