Friday, December 5, 2008

More about Colorado Weather

Sorry that it's such a mundane topic, but it really is a wonder here. The temperature can range from 50 degrees, kind of warm for this time of year, to the current temp. which is 7. 7!?!?! It snowed all day yesterday, kind of a light snow, but definitely steady. After last night's and this morning's extremely cold temps it's supposed to be in the 50's again this weekend. It's hard to keep up with this "drama", as my MIL calls it, but it keeps you on your toes. Basically you have to have a jacket and gloves with you at all times since you never know what will hit. I long ago stopped listening to the poor weather reporters here. They are ALWAYS off and sometimes by a whole day. I guess it's hard to predict with the mountains being so close but it's very annoying to expect a snowy day and have a mild one instead (I know, I'm backwards), or vice versa. I like the cold- it suits me in my pregnant state- and hope it stays winter-like so we can really appreciate spring when it comes.

3 comments:

Bridget said...

Glad you can appreciate the cold! I would not be happy in 7 degree weather!

Melissa said...

i don't know how to put this midly so i won't: i HATE to be cold. i would rather be dripping with sweat than be even slightly chilled. the snow is beautiful to look at, though (in photos, from afar).

Lor said...

I think the coldest it ever got in Norway (when I was out and about, not bunkering in) was 12F. I'm with Melissa, I hate the cold. I'll take the 120F weather in Dubai over the weather you're having. I've just been warned that the cold in London is miserable and gets right into your bones. So expect lots of lamenting next year!