Thursday, August 7, 2008

Pictures and stuff

Thomas and Grandma Joanie on the slide.

We finally got a bike helmet for Thomas so we can take them both for rides. He fell asleep in there.

Hard to see but that's Al and Paul

Playing in the water spray area on Pearl St.

We've been getting out and about lately. We took the kids for a bike ride- poor Paul got 2 flats and the kindness of a stranger saved him. The kids did ok in the trailor. Thomas fell asleep in the most awkward position, poor guy. We went to Estes Park to meet up with Paul's parents last Sat. afternoon to escape the heat. Sort of a mistake since it's summer and it's a major tourist destination (and therefore crowded as anything), but it was still fun. They have a fun park with a giant slide...as soon as Al saw it she announced she was going on it. We ended up taking turns with her and Thomas (who couldn't have looked more bored, by the way) and it was a blast. Kind of fun that she's at an age where we can do stuff like that. Thomas is down to one nap (most days) which means he sleeps from 11-1 (if I'm lucky) and then Al sleeps from 1-whenever, if she sleeps at all. So, basically until I can get him on her schedule then I don't really get a break. I do get one-on-one time with them, though, which is nice. Today I did get a chance to rest since Paul picked her up from school and took her to McDonald's for lunch. (Another perk of living here is Paul can easily come home at lunchtime.) As long as I can rest my eyes for 15-20 min. then I'm good. Rest is needed now that I'm pregnant again!

We're having a nice break from the 90 degree streak we had going...a major rainstorm was unleashed on us last night. It didn't amount to much (less than an inch) but it sure was loud and created a lot of mini-rivers in the street. Fun for Al to watch!

2 comments:

Bridget said...

I love those slides! They're like every kids dream come true. Being pregnant with two little kids IS hard. I remember. Wish I were around to watch your little ones so you could rest.Hope this pregnancy is an easy one for you.

Melissa said...

congrats on the pregnancy. i am so happy for you.