Friday, August 29, 2008

New Due Date

Well, it's real. We saw the little blob that is child #3 on the ultrasound yesterday and heard the heartbeat...so cool. I guess I wasn't really believing that this was happening until I could see the heart beating. Everything looks good and my due date is officially March 31, 2009. Kind of neat- now we'll have a Jan., Feb., and Mar. birthday order. Allison is convinced it's a girl and is fascinated by the photos, which look like nothing at this stage. It's hard to imagine that it was only 4 years ago that I had pictures of her as a blob, so excited and wondering what she (or it, since we never found out the gender) would be like. Now she's a little girl, saying the funniest things, helping me out (more and more of the time, but not always). I remember being scared about bringing a new baby into the mix 2 years ago but now I can't imagine Thomas not being here. I'm sure it will be the same thing with this new baby!

We're heading south to Westcliffe, CO this weekend to enjoy some family time with Paul's parents and aunt and uncle. It should be nice...it's in the Sangre de Cristo mountains so it should be cooler and beautiful.

Here's what Thomas looked like last Christmas.
And look at him now! (and notice me...already showing a little bit at 9 weeks...jeez, I am going to be huge!)

Allison fits perfectly in this bag. It was hilarious!

2 comments:

Bridget said...

Allison in that bag is so cute! How exciting you saw your third little blob. Can't wait to see pics of him/her post-utero.

Melissa said...

Please tell me you're going to find out what you're having. . .i just can't stand the wait!
I cannot believe the difference a year makes. . .Thomas looks like a little boy now! So cute.
Also, will you email me your new contact information?