On a lighter note, Thomas has been going to Gymboree for about a month and it's so cute. I'm not sure how into it he really is since he sort of just crawls around the find the balls. I know once he's walking well he'll be able to do more. I'm going to find a different class for him, one that's closer. I barely have time to get him up and dressed from his nap, rush over to the class, then leave early so I can rush over to pick Al up from preschool. Here's a picture of him having fun!
Friday, February 15, 2008
Allison is pushing it!
I've been realizing lately that I'm starting to raise my voice A LOT when it comes to parenting Allison. The main thing she puts up a fight about it what she wears. Most of the time- well, pretty much all of the time, really- I just let her wear whatever. I don't care if it matches, it just can't be a princess gown (for when we leave the house) or pajamas (unless we're only going to Grandma's). I long ago just gave up trying to dress her up like a doll, which a lot of moms insist on doing. She wears what she wants, as she knows what's comfortable. It's just not worth it. However, sometimes I just have one of those days, like yesterday, when I just can't take it. I was so mad I could feel myself starting to lose it. The first battle was over socks- I put them on her (since she was stalling and we were running late) and she cried about them like I was torturing her. She took them off, claiming first that they didn't belong to her, then that they were "too cold" for her. Not rational, I know. I gave up and let her wear her shoes sockless, which I know I should've just done in the first place, but it was sort of chilly yesterday morning. The second battle came in the afternoon. During her "nap" (because it doesn't involve sleep anymore, just rest/play time in her room alone) she always changes her clothes so she's usually wearing something that isn't suitable for leaving the house. I gave her 20 minutes to pick some clothes out before we were leaving the house but she didn't do it. Well, because we were running short on time and I had given her ample opportunity to pick out something herself and she blew it, I picked out something. She screamed the whole way to the store. I ended up caving again, realizing that there was a spare outfit in the car (for emergencies) and she was all smiles at having the choice of what to wear again. Like I said, I usually just let her pick her outfits and let it go, but some days I just can't take it. I wish she would just pick something, put it on, and be done with it. She stalls and works me over! I feel my patience wearing thin sometimes. I didn't want to cave and let her win, yet I didn't see the point in my winning either. I want her to have her own choices of what to wear since it teaches her to think for herself, no matter how silly she might look, but I also want her to know limits...as in, when I say it's time to go then she better get her act together and get dressed or else she loses her free choice of what to wear. This is just a vent...things are back to normal today. It just scares me a little how mad I can get....I feel my blood pressure rising and I try to take deep breaths. I know this is only the beginning!
On a lighter note, Thomas has been going to Gymboree for about a month and it's so cute. I'm not sure how into it he really is since he sort of just crawls around the find the balls. I know once he's walking well he'll be able to do more. I'm going to find a different class for him, one that's closer. I barely have time to get him up and dressed from his nap, rush over to the class, then leave early so I can rush over to pick Al up from preschool. Here's a picture of him having fun!

On a lighter note, Thomas has been going to Gymboree for about a month and it's so cute. I'm not sure how into it he really is since he sort of just crawls around the find the balls. I know once he's walking well he'll be able to do more. I'm going to find a different class for him, one that's closer. I barely have time to get him up and dressed from his nap, rush over to the class, then leave early so I can rush over to pick Al up from preschool. Here's a picture of him having fun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh, I know what you mean with the blood pressure rising anger. I hate when I feel that coming on. It is SO hard to be patient while they are changing clothes a million times. Last week we had a morning before preschool where Cole changed his socks three times. They're only socks for crying out loud! Who cares!
Good luck.
Post a Comment