Thursday, May 28, 2009

Our little "big boy"

Thomas is 2 going on 4 these days. This is where I found him the other day:

"I want to sleep Allison's bed," was all he said. We bought him his own big boy bed a couple of weeks ago, just mattresses and cute bedding on the floor, but when push comes to shove he still asks for his crib. He also likes to cut the naptime and bedtime routine short lately, simply requesting to "go in ma bed", as he says it.

Here he is trying to be one of the big boys at Al's last day of school picnic. He was just listening in on their 4 yr old antics and they totally ignored him. Maybe they're used to little siblings. It made me realize how ready for school he is.

This is his latest favorite thing to do- climbing our backyard tree. He'll sing and talk to himself as he plays out there. Usually he'll ask for help to get down, but if I'm really busy then he figures it out. He is so independent now. When did this happen???


One quick thing about Rachel...she is really into her playtime on the floor now. Al and Tom take turns giving her a toy to grasp. We also try the "tummytime" thing, but she's still a little young to really be good at it.





2 comments:

Melissa said...

I cannot believe he is already climbing trees! What a fun and busy boy.

Bridget said...

I also love the picture of Tom in the tree. How cute! And I can't believe how big Rachel is already. Wow!