It was really cute...we sung songs, read books, and had some refreshments. I wish I could've taken her alone (as in, without Rachel) but I just couldn't work it. Thomas and a few of the other younger siblings shared a babysitter at our friend's house and had a blast, but an infant to watch along with 4 toddlers would've been too much. Rachel was fussy but people took turns holding her to calm her down. I took Allison alone to the DQ for a banana split on Sat. to have some alone time with her instead. I know we'll be able to do more together- just the two of us- as she ages and her sibs become less needy. I wanted to take her to the movies but decided to wait until the new Pixar comes out. She's been such an amazing help since Rachel was born and she puts up with a lot of comments from me, such as ," Just a minute, I have to feed/change/bathe Rachel or put Rachel down for a nap," which I bet is annoying for a 4 year old. I wanted her to know how much I appreciate her!
Quick tangent: I know in the past I've said how I admire Kate from "Jon and Kate Plus 8" but I don't anymore. I reached this conclusion before the scandal with Jon and that woman, too. I stopped watching once they moved into that mansion. The show is nowhere near relatable anymore. It's like they're too good for us now. It's just not as real as it was before...now it's obvious they have all this money and fame. How can an average family relate to that? They don't even work outside the home- they're able to be with the kids all the time and have to invent things to complain about. In fairness, I can only imagine what it's like to have a camera following you around and having to tell millions of people what you're up to...but I'd do it for the money, wouldn't you? My point is, I don't think she's inspiring now. She seems snobby and bossier than usual (at least according to the last episode I watched) and it's painful to watch how she treats her husband. I find inspiration elsewhere now...from my mom friends. I wish TLC would cancel it. We might as well be watching one of those disgusting "Real Housewives of ...." shows!
2 comments:
jon and kate plus 8 is like a train wreck. i don't want to watch, but i HAVE to!
happy mother's day!
I have only seen Jon and Kate plus 8 once a long time ago. I didn't know they had moved into mansion and don't work. Wow. Now I have to check this out.
Glad you had a great Mother's Day. You deserve it.
Post a Comment