This is what Thomas does when I stop watching for him for even 2 minutes. He found the drawer to an end table, put it on top of our dinky kitchen table, and climbed in. I hope I don't have to take him to the ER anytime soon...I'm hoping he'll never fall off.
We visited the Denver Aquariam this past weekend and it was great. Kind of like an IKEA store, there's only one way through it. Allison and Thomas have begun holding hands (with our prompting) and it's so cute.

Yes, I give my kids candy. I even bribe them with it from time to time. These are See's suckers from a Halloween gift package. Yum!

This is the extent of our leaves that fell...we're lucky we don't have huge Cottonwoods or overgrown Aspens to clean up after. The kids had a great time ruining Paul's pile! It's definitely fall around here now. All the trees are bare and ready for winter.


In terms of what the kids are doing...Allison refuses to wear pants. No tights, even. This makes me worry since it's steadily in the 30's each morning and some days it's not even breaking 50 degrees. She wears dresses only...and puts shirts over them. At least she wears jackets without protest, and now she wears the snow boots I bought. I guess she'll learn once it REALLY gets cold, but in the meantime I can't imagine how cold her legs must get. She doesn't seem too bothered yet...again, December and January are coming, though! She still loves school and the teacher even told Paul upon pickup that she's ready for more than 2 days a week. I think I might take her up on that offer since once the baby comes she'll probably need it!
Thomas is talking more and more. It's almost like he says something new daily. He loves to call all food applesauce and all drinks apple juice. He tells us when he poops, too. (Not like it isn't totally obvious when he's pooping...with the grunting and lack of movement, it's pretty clear what he's doing!) He says "morning" when he wakes up in the morning...he says "Hi, Addie" for Allie, and is even starting to pay attention to shows like Sesame Street and any Pixar movie we have. He pretends to read books and loves Elmo, especially books with Elmo in them. (All stuffed animals are Elmo to him.) He nods yes and shakes his head no when we ask him things and he understands a lot of simple directions. It's so amazing when they start understanding you. What a breakthrough!
I'm 20 weeks now- halfway!!!- and feeling good. I get tired, though...ALOT more tired than the previous 2 pregnancies. (I wonder why???) I feel huge...it's scary that I still have 4+ months to go. I can't stand the end when your belly overtakes everything. Then again, once the baby is out chaos will ensue so I can hang in there.
That's it for now!

1 comment:
Your kids are so cute. Any mom that says they don't bribe their kids with candy is lying. I can't believe your already half way through your pregnancy! Of course for everyone BUT you this goes really fast. ;)
Post a Comment