Wednesday, June 4, 2008

June News

Good news is we closed on our house last week. Bad news is we're renting it back to the previous owners until the end of June. I like where we are now, but it's apartment living so it gets old. (Especially when you thought you put your apartment living days behind you forever.) There are countless paved trails around us and we're in a great location so that makes up for it. I've been taking the kids for runs in the double jogging stroller I bought when we got here...that's a workout if there ever was one. I get so tired when we have even the slightest incline. Oh well, it's all good training for me since....prepare yourselves....I registered to do the New Denver Marathon in October! This will be my first marathon in over 4 years. I ran Boston back in 2004, not knowing at the time that I was a mere 2 days pregnant with Allison (how do I know it was this exact...well, figure it out!), so it's been awhile. I've been wanting to get back into it and it has to be the outdoor-fitness-madness of the people here that's inspiring me. I have over 4 months to train (19 weeks, to be exact) so that's plenty of time to build up to those 21-23 mile training runs I used to do. I was scared/nervous as I signed up but I figured I should just go for it. Paul's even thinking of doing it with me...I hope he does!

Allison started school yesterday and boy, was that easy. She was so overjoyed to be with kids again she wasn't the least bit sad. It made feel good to leave her there. She's at the point where she needs to be around other kids. Thomas is not a fun playmate yet (will he ever be? jeez...they bicker like there's no tomorrow) and, in fact, he bit her yesterday out of frustration. (This is not good news...we hope it's just because his teeth hurt a lot- he's cutting molars- but if he's going to be a biter then we have a problem!)

We head out to California next week for my sister's wedding. It should be a fun weekend, and a whirlwind at that. Allison will be a flower girl in it so she's pretty excited, since it's a very princess-like role! I think she's more excited about the dress, to be honest. Let's hope she actually makes it down the aisle in a reasonable amount of time!

We've been going up to Fort Collins to hang out with Paul's parents a bit. Allison and Tawny, their dog, are best buds so we know that's her main focus when we're there. I guess we'll have to get a dog someday. Here's a picture of them in their backyard, one of Thomas at the park, and one of the two of them waiting to video-call with my parents, taking with our so-called Skype camera (bad shot). What clowns.










3 comments:

Bridget said...

Good for you for doing another marathon! I am so impressed. Pushing a double stroller while running does NOT look easy either. Good luck getting settled in.

Stephanie and Tom said...

I want to see a picture of your new house! Glad the move went well. Thanks for reading my blog.. its nice to know someone is looking at it. :)

Lor said...

Congratulations on the marathon.....you have always been my running super-hero!!!