This means even more living here since spring is notoriously wet and cold. We had snow on April 29!!! 4-5 inches at that. It melted fast and now it seems that the warm weather is here to stay. Now I guess it's safe to plant tomatoes...the first batch got destroyed by the cold and wet April we had.
Allison learned to ride a bike last week. I finally bit the bullet and bought a Strider and she learned to balance on that the first day. After that I knew it was only a matter of time until she'd want to try it on her big bike. It took one try...she had it. I was so thrilled I was stopping neighbors driving by to show them! We've had a rough winter with her due to behavior challenges as well as health issues (constipation causing frequent urges to pee) so this was a light at the end of the tunnel moment for us. She also made it through an entire movie (How to Train Your Dragon) without a potty stop so it was a great week.
Now Thomas can use the Strider to learn to ride as well. He's mastering the balance thing quickly, too. I'll never buy a bike with training wheels again. It just makes them less likely to learn to balance, and therefore ride. Striders, though pricey, are the way to go.
And Miss Rachel...she's just at the best stage. Walking and climbing all over, loving her playtime outside or inside, just going along for the ride. The 3rd kid really has no choice-they have to be flexible-and she's just that. So happy to be alive!
School's out this week so the fun outdoor adventures will be beginning shortly!
2 comments:
School's out this week?!? My kids still have 4 weeks to go!
Glad you're enjoying the beautiful weather. And, I agree. . .training wheels are lame.
Great picture of Allison on her bike! - Audrey
Post a Comment