Saturday, February 20, 2010

Ok, ok...I'll blog for you, Audrey and Melissa




I should put some recent pics up and tell you two readers what's new. Haha.

Thomas turned 3 this week but shows no signs of wanting to use the toilet exclusively. He'll pee on it and that's about it. He loves, loves, loves Mary Poppins so we've seen it about 30 times in the last 3 weeks. We also bought the soundtrack so at any given time of the day there's a song from it going through our heads. We had a small party for him, nothing too elaborate, and he was psyched to eat his cake. All day long he was asking about it. He even said he "didn't feel like eating" (his words) when dinner was served, but when I asked if he wanted cake he nodded very enthusiastically. He has also given up napping recently so that's been REAL fun for me. The days are long, oh my. He'll "rest" in his room most days, giving me a tiny break. He's such a handful that I need at least some downtime!

Allison is doing great as a 5 year old so far. She had a UTI last month and still pees sort of frequently. This habit came on suddenly right around Christmas. She went from going 3-5 times a day to almost 30. The antibiotics nipped it in the bud but the new habit gets her up in the middle of the night sometimes (something she NEVER did before) and early in the morning. Lucky for us she is still in good spirits (most of the time) and she doesn't let it get in the way of her playtime. She's all registered for kindergarten next year- gasp- and loves preschool. It's weird how now I see her as this "big kid" and she was my baby just yesterday. There's so much she can do now and most days Paul and I just look at each other and shake our heads. It's amazing how fast it changes.

Rachel is 11 months now and is cruising, crawling, and climbing the stairs. It's scary! I have to follow her when she's on the floor or else she could fall down the stairs (she already has done this twice...great parenting, right?) and bump her head. She is so proud of herself and just beams when she makes it to the top (with much spotting from me). She also refuses to be spoon fed so I give her half a bagel to gnaw on (just two teeth, still) and whatever else the kids are having, just cut into tiny pieces. I was so paranoid about choking with Allison and Thomas that I don't think I gave them things like this until much later. She seems to handle most of it well...only a little bit of gagging now and then. We're trying to get her to use a sippy cup as well. She never really used bottles so this will be a challenge for her. I'm still nursing her and don't plan on stopping anytime soon but I'd love for her to be able to drink something else every now and then.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Thanks for posting!! :)
Sounds like everyone is doing great! You are definitely at a very, very busy stage. I can't believe your baby is almost one. Time really flies. Not one of my kids ever took a bottle and they all got the sippy cup thing easily. So don't worry. . .you won't have to nurse forever. :)

Lor said...

Yeah yeah yeah!!! I feel special, a blog post just for me and Melissa! Thanks for the update and the pics, always love to hear what you guys are up to.

xo
Audrey