This is how I found Allison last week, during what was supposed to be rest time. Oh well, at least she stays in her room so I can have a moment to rest.
Thursday, September 24, 2009
Big Times
Here's little Miss 6 month old, looking less than pleased that she couldn't go out on the City Park paddleboat with Al, Tom, and Daddy. We rented a boat to celebrate a great (albeit very late) achievement a couple of weeks ago: Allison finally gave up her plug! (Pacifier) We let this go on way too long, we know, and we'll never make that mistake again. Luckily, Thomas wants nothing to do with plugs, and Rachel found her thumb. I'd advise parents to give up the habit while they're still little...if only I had it to do over again...oh well, live and learn.

This is how I found Allison last week, during what was supposed to be rest time. Oh well, at least she stays in her room so I can have a moment to rest.
We took the kids to see Thomas the Tank Engine at the Railroad Museum in Golden and it was highly overrated. It was also cold and raining, the only day in a string of days that was like that. Now I know...just stick to the free or super-cheap stuff. The old trains were cool to see and climb into, though. We'll have to go back next spring.
And here is the unbridled joy about riding in the paddleboat. What a way to celebrate a milestone. We kept her up that night, letting her watch a movie on the couch with us. It worked! Now she's plug-free!
This is how I found Allison last week, during what was supposed to be rest time. Oh well, at least she stays in her room so I can have a moment to rest.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It's a bear to break the pacifier habit but i think they are SO worth it.
Ha! I love that you all it a plug! They are a pain when you have to go cold turkey on them but when they are babies they are SO worth it!
Post a Comment