Monday, October 27, 2008
Trying to see Obama
Well, we tried to, anyway. He was here this weekend...well, in Denver and Fort Collins. (He doesn't need to come to our little liberal haven here in Boulder County.) We drove up to Paul's parents' house and caravaned over to the CSU campus...but the line was over 3 miles long. I guess the capacity of the rally was only 20K and there were well over 50K people there. We opted instead to walk around and try and find the place where his bus would exit. We got to see the bus and all the secret service people and we got to hear the roar of the crowd inside. (Thanks to the one Secret Service guy who hinted where he'd be exiting.) There were many cops on horses...entertaining for Allison and Thomas...and the entire event looked well-organized. It was very promising for all of us to see how many people came out to show their support. Since Colorado is a swing state it's neat to know our votes count. We already voted...don't you just love mail-in ballots? I wish I had a picture to post...alas, a black tour bus doesn't make a very exciting picture. One week to go until this exciting/stressfil time is over...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
How fun.We voted today too with the mail in ballots. I don't know why every state doesn't do it that way. We actually had to go to the polls in Massachusetts.
Great for you to live in a swing state. Oregon is pretty much Democrat but we voted for Obama just in case. :)
I know...we're used to California being all blue. It's nice to know our votes really count (and my mom and dad, who voted for McCain I'm sure, will be canceled out!)
Thomas and I lived in Florida during the Bush/Gore election. I agree, feeling like your vote really counts makes the election so much more fun.
Post a Comment