Well, we're here in beautiful CO after a whirlwind of packing, dealing with movers, cleaning up our old house, staying with my parents for a week, flying out with the cats (Paul's deal), and then solo with the kids (me). It all went pretty smoothly. I guess when someone else does the packing and moving the stress level goes down a bit. I was tense about the flight but Allison did great. Thomas had a few moments there where I was desperately trying to calm him down but then he eventually passed out and it was pretty enjoyable after that. Paul had a little bit of an ordeal with the cats since only one could go in the cargo area of the plane- the boy cat, Hank- and we think he had a nervous breakdown during the experience. I guess his paws were all bloody from trying to claw his way out. He was ok once Paul got him to our apartment and he seems pretty much ok overall, just a bit drowsy. Could be the altitude. The other cat- the girl, Coco- got to ride in the cabin with Paul. Though both were sedated they still seemed to react badly to the flight. We'd drugged them before when we moved from San Diego 4 years ago and they were totally out of it for over 8 hours. They were in the cars with us, though, so I guess being on a plane with all that noise and strange motion is just too much. We won't subject them to flying ever again!
Paul started his new job yesterday and likes it so far. It's always hard being the new guy. At least it's gotten us back into our regular routine, except now he gets to spend more time with us in the morning before he leaves since his commute is less than half of what it was.
We've resumed the house hunting. I went yesterday by myself (thanks Grandma Joanie for babysitting!) and I liked only 1 out of the 5 that we saw. The prices are all over the place depending on the area so we're just going to have to keep looking. Everything is close, though, so no matter where we end up Paul won't have too far to drive. Yea!
I've been driving around trying to orient myself. It's so neat to be somewhere new and to figure out where everything is. It's so logically laid out so that makes it easy. We still can't believe we're here. It's so much fun!
I wish I had pictures to post but we don't have the connector cable to download them. Someday...it's funny, the bits and pieces of things that made it to our temporary housing. I've already had to buy a lot of odds and ends. I guess we'll have a lot of stuff once we move into a house!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yeah! Glad you made it and are settling in. Can't wait to see some pics later too.
That's good you were able to get out and drive around. I love to do that after moving to a new town.
Good luck unpacking!
glad you made it safe and sound. good luck with the house hunt and make sure to buy a gps!
I already have needed a GPS several times! I bought a Thomas' guide, though, so I'm at least orienting myself from above. Yesterday I could not for the life of me find the REI in downtown Boulder; I almost had a breakdown over it. I just saw it the day before but the area near Paul's work all looks the same. Oh well, we made it there without a mama meltdown.
Post a Comment